Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Thomas’ insane amount of research

Dear grandkidlets,

As I mentioned, my father was a passionate (okay, obsessed) researcher.

I’m amazed at the binders full of research Dad left for me, and I believe that the sheer magnitude of information gathered by my father has served to inhibit both his writing and my own.

I’ve been known to “go down wormholes” when I research. Something catches my interest and there I go – following every detail google gives me, assuming every last bit of it is critically important.

Big mistake!

I’m not sure Dad did this (I have a feeling he did), but somehow he ended up with literally BINDERS full of pages that look something like this – lists, tables, topics, etc.

Research 2

 

Research 3

Research 4

Research 1

Somehow… SOMEHOW Dad was able to take his throngs of research and funnel it all down to the two-page bibliography that he included in The Rim of the Volcano!  My guess is that he overwhelmed himself and decided to just keep it simple – though it wouldn’t surprise me if he actually culled all his research down to the most pertinent nuggets.

In any case, here are the two – yes, only two! – pages he included in the book as a bibliography. You might need to refer back to this as you read Rim. You can always find this post again under the “Bibliography” label.

Bib 1

 

Bib 2

No comments:

Post a Comment